Monday, August 23, 2010

Missing!

While driving to vote a couple of days ago, my [wonderful, amazing, fantastic, beautiful] girlfriend pointed out a "Missing Bird" sign attached to a street pole.

Now, what are the chances that bird has of coming home? Better yet, what are the chances of anyone who see's the bird being able to catch it? Birds are slightly more mobile than your average pet and is also a lot more likely to blend in with other birds (of which there are plenty).

So this got us to thinking, what other animals, once lost, are almost certainly gone for good? Rats, mice, snakes, ant farms…

Oh and don't forget fish!


I hope the lady (or man) from the pole finds their bird, but unfortunately, I just don't see it happening.

Live in Peace brave bird! L.I.P!

3 comments:

  1. you accidentally tagged:

    "missing girlfriend"
    rather than
    "missing", "girlfriend"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah! funny comment above.

    thanks for the comment ;D
    wow i never thought of it as glass but you're so right!

    ): poor bird owners. i hate seeing 'lost' signs because it makes me unbelivable sad. like the other day i saw this lady crying walking down the street and wondered why and then i saw her taking down a 'lost' sign for a cat. i could have cried. i think i would die if one of my four (yes i know, my mother's destined to be the crazy cat lady) cats died or was lost. seriously, i'd probably be like a person died for me. actaully they say that when a pet dies it has the emotional impact of that if a person died? i found that fascinating...
    okay, enough of my rambling ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I remember my dog being put to sleep... Probably one of the saddest memories I've got... Awww

    Now I'm sad

    =(

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me stronger! Rawr!