Friday, August 13, 2010

Herbitual Bliss?

Last week I started a herb garden, albeit, a very small herb garden. It's basically a rectangular pot with four (count them, four) herbs. However, I am getting ahead of myself, for the garden started out slowly, at first with just Basil and Mint, a few days later I added Thyme and the night after that, Chives.

For those Imaginationally Challenged readers (who are totally awesome!) that cannot picture the glory of what I have just described, it's basically this:



The Basil is quite sad looking because it developed a lot of black spots on its leaves after I first planted it. I have a feeling this is partially my fault because I watered it that night and night time watering has a nasty habit of attracting fungus spores. The result? Nasty black spots that kill leaves and then spread! The only remedy? Removing this leaves quickly...

Unfortunately I didn't do that... And by the time I started most of the yummy smelling leaves were toast.

Hence the Basil haircut! However, there is hope with lots of new little leaves sprouting along the stems.

So there it is. My herb garden! One of the new and exciting things in my life that you will surely hear from again =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me stronger! Rawr!