Friday, November 19, 2010

Harry Profit and the Billion Plus Dollars

Before I get started, lets get three things straight:
• I am a big Harry Potter fan.
• I have read all seven books multiple times.
• I haven't seen Part #1 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yet.


Now that's out of the way- holy money squandering move franchise! When was the last time six movies were released only to have the final movie (aka: the final chance to make millions of dollars) split into two parts?



Most people you ask- especially the diehard fans with 'Hufflepuff Daddy' tattooed across their shoulders- will say that it is to keep the movie loyal to the books, which is a good excuse, yet keep in mind the following:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was 636 pages long and converted in to 157 minute film.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix was a massive 766 pages long and converted in to a 138 minute film.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Princewas 607 pages long and converted into a 153 minute film.

And NOW

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows another 607 page long book, yet it has been converted into a 300+ minute film.

Double Rainbow! What does this mean? It means that when the difference in film revenue goes from being $933,959,197.00 (the total gross revenue of HP & The Half-Blood Prince) to $1,867,918,394.00 (double that), directors are suddenly very, VERY interested in living up to the book.

It would be enough to make me sick if I wasn't planning on seeing the movie this weekend! Which I will most likely love and return here shortly after denouncing myself… However, until then, be aware that my wrath is firm and unshakeable!

1 comment:

  1. haha, PLEASE tell me you made this cartoon thing! It made me chuckle and chuckle! And that is so true, they did condense SO much of the other books into their own ONE films. However, I feel like the last book gives just so much explaination that they can't really cut it out too much without changing the whole reasoning behind the Harry's journey (I'm such a nerd) xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me stronger! Rawr!