Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Lives On!

For at least one more blost (that's NateSpeek for Blog Post, I'm hoping it catches on but I wouldn't stay I'm optimistic.)

I was in the shower this morning thinking of the tricking in 'Trick or Treat'. What happened to the tricking? It obviously hasn't been able to compete with the treating- as confirmed by Google (and this clever graph):


What is the deal? Are we becoming so lazy now that we'd prefer to give the kids candy than to teach them a cool new trick? When faced with the conundrum of teaching something or buying something, do we automatically just revert to the easy (if slightly more expensive) option?

I'm just as guilty as everyone else, last night, I gave the (three) Trick-Or-Treaters that came to my door chocolate bars- but no more! From now on, I say, lets learn some cool new tricks and NEXT Halloween, lets teach those kids something impressive.

Of course, I probably will forget to do this. In which case, I have a back up plan... And it goes a little something like this...

4 comments:

  1. Very funny..... but....you've got it slightly wrong... 'the trick' is what kids are supposed to do to the houses if they dont receive any treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curse my small town upbringing and its mind-numbing misunderstandings of Halloween!

    In that case, lets start something new altogether! I call it 'trick or prank' and it's going to be huge in the 2030's

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA LOVE IT NATHA. HAHAHA LOL!!! (I'M ACTUALLY LOLLING)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe. So there will be no treats at all? hmm... Im not so sure I like the sound of this!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me stronger! Rawr!