Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Creating a Romancemobile

So today I decorated my girlfriends car. She is off camping with her family so I figured I would take her absence (and the current possession of her keys) as an opportunity to do something nice.

So I went to the local Coles supermarket and stocked up on supplies (Interesting sidetone: Coles party and decorations section is a big let down). I also stocked up on Caramel Crowns, arguably the most delicious chocolate cookies in the Arnotts range.

First step, I had to make a banner, the letters with coloured paper on backing of different coloured paper. I quickly came to realise that my cutting out skills had taken a backwards step since Primary School, but I got it done and strung it up.



I then went on to fill 10 balloons with 10 handwritten messages about why I missed her and blew them up. I strung them together and tied them to her rear-view-mirror.



Heart meltingly romantic? Well just wait, I'm not done yet!

I also ran a length of string from the rear view mirror to each of the back seat handles and (with the help of a hole punch, red paper and some love-heart shaped post-its) made a little line of love hearts on red backing.




I used the rest of the love-heart post-its to decorate the area behind her back seats and TA-DAA! Instant decorated car.


So now I just have to wait for her to get back…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me stronger! Rawr!