Saturday, July 9, 2011

Back Pain Sucks

As a result of a particularly heavy helium tank on a particularly awkward angle, my back hurts.

Now, I miss everything. Walking, running, jumping, hopping, skipping… All the things I took for granted during those joyful moments before I foolishly tried to lift a cylinder full of a gas that is lighter than both air and hydrogen. It's an interesting relation between how much back pain you have and how much you miss the simple things that working anatomy has to offer, how a small back ache doesn't make a big difference, but as soon as you pass that point and suddenly the pain accompanies all the little things, suddenly those little things are a great deal more important.



And what is even more interesting? How, as soon as that pain goes away, as soon as you are perfectly capable of walking, running, jumping, hopping and skipping, you go completely back to taking them for granted.



Such is life.

2 comments:

  1. I just thought of the last bit lastnight. After changing the way we habitually did one thing in our house last week, I forgot to start doing it the old way again. Why: because a step was removed and I took it for granted by the end of one week.

    Humans are wonderful and terrible animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely pleasant article, I appreciated perusing your post, exceptionally decent share, I need to twit this to my adherents. Much appreciated!.  back pain

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me stronger! Rawr!