Monday, November 21, 2011

Toilet Paper

Note: This post refers to Australian prices and therefore may not be accurate in locations outside The Land Down Under.

When I was a lad, shortly after finishing High School, I moved a fair way away from home to live with my brother and cousin. It was my first experience living away from home, paying expenses, budgeting and whatnot, so naturally I looked to them for guidance (both were around four years older than me and had been out of home for a while).

One day while shopping, we noticed a special on toilet paper and purchased a couple of packs, my cousin stating the Golden Rule by which I live my life (well, at least the part of my life that involves buying toilet paper).

That rule?

Anything Below 50c per roll is cheap.

So, naturally today when I went to the supermarket and saw toilet paper packs of 12 going at 20c per roll, I decided to stock up.



Yep, that right there is close to 90 rolls of T.P. Why? Because toilet paper is the perfect grocery item to buy in bulk while it's cheap. Think about it:

• Toilet paper never goes out of date.
• It will always be used.
• It is soft and light enough to be stored in high places without any safety risks.

It's ingenious!

So next time you see cheap toilet paper (cheap = <50c, as per the Golden Rule), stock up and save, call me crazy, but you'll certainly thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me stronger! Rawr!